Sunday, June 29, 2008

Snorkeling

Today we hiked to Carlos Rosario. I thought it was as strenuous as the Brava hike but Lisa didn't think so. We sure had a lot more company. I guess when some of the day trippers see the crowds at Flamenco Beach, they head to Carlos Rosario. To get here you have to park at the Flamenco Beach parking lot.

The snorkeling here was pretty good. My only real experience to compare that to was Maui and that was many years ago. It seamed there were more types of fish in Hawaii and more vibrant colors. To get to the good reef, you have to swim out about 100 yards then head north. The kids and I swam quite a ways. Next time we invest in a bit better equipment for Savannah.
I think the thing we liked the most about this beach was the complete absence of surf. You could swim just a few yards from the beach just like you were in a swimming pool.

No comments: