Saturday, August 02, 2008

Heading Home

It was an early rise at 3:30 am for everyone so that we could leave Salida by 4am and get home before too late in the day. Everyone handled the exhausting nature of the schedule well. Even Hayden, who had the bunk bed directly beneath mine, didn't complain. He did inquire as to what time did I finally go to sleep?

The drive home went very smooth. No flat tires was good. Randall and I had arranged for a new tire to be ready by the day we got back down the mountain. We put the spare back in the trailer and felt much better on the way back. I drove the mountain roads and I think I was able to keep just about all of the adults awake with all of the turns. Randall took the second shift from Raton to Amarillo where we stopped at the famous Big Tex Steakhouse.

Rachael again took the leg from Amarillo to Quanna and Jessy took us home from there.

No comments: